Introduction of HTML
- HTML is the standard markup language for creating Web pages and web applications.
- HTMLwas developed with the intent of defining the structure of documents like headings, paragraphs, lists, and so forth to facilitate the sharing of scientific information between researchers.
- HTML is being widely used to format web pages with the help of different tags available in HTML language.
- HTML stands for Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML describes the structure of a Web page
- HTML consists of a series of elements
- HTML elements tell the browser how to display the content
- HTML elements label pieces of content such as “this is a heading”, “this is a paragraph”, “this is a link”, etc.
- Technically, HTML is a Markup language rather than a programming language.
Advantages of learning HTML:
- Create Web site– You can create a website or customize an existing web template if you know HTML well.
- Become a web designer– If you want to start a carrer as a professional web designer, HTML and CSS designing is a must skill.
- Understand web– If you want to optimize your website, to boost its speed and performance, it is good to know HTML to yield best results.